Job Description & Requirements:
Contribute any way necessary in the content gathering, reporting, shooting, editing and producing of entertainment content for SFL-TV on-air, online and social media.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Enterprise entertainment stories and events
- Write and produce entertainment content for on-air, online and social-media
- Engage with viewers onsite, online and through social media to promote content, programming and the station
- Shoot and edit video onsite and in studio
- Deliver content error free and on deadline
- Drive entertainment vehicles and attend events when needed
- Opportunity to be on camera but not required
- MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (Degree in broadcasting/digital media or related field strongly preferred)
- Strong writing, shooting and editing skills required
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Social Media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Basic design knowledge required
- Preferred candidates have experience with Final Cut, Premiere, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Sony XDCAM and Cannon DSLR
- Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and short deadlines
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to obtain one)
- Flexible schedule but must have the ability to attend events and work nights and weekends as needed
Ability to carry and operate equipment weighing over 65 pounds while videotaping subjects in various situations. Good manual dexterity in order to operate numerous small buttons and keys on cameras, computers and other such equipment. Good eyesight to shoot and compile stories. Hearing to communicate with station personnel and others via telephone and in person. Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress, deadlines, and adverse weather conditions.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Additional Information: For candidates interested in a current opening at WSFL-TV, apply online at http://www.tribunemedia.com/?page_id=15562. Filter the Job Search by location, US-Fort Lauderdale, to locate all current WSFL openings.