Job Description & Requirements:
- Media Account Manager for WSFL-TV with responsibility to sell digital and broadcast ad time to meet financial goals and maintain client and agency relationships. There will be a strong focus on digital sales knowledge and experience.
- Negotiate with clients to obtain the largest share of the client’s advertising dollars at the highest unit rate
- The ability to develop, maintain, service and entertain direct relationships with agencies and clients to promote station’s image and perception
- The ability to identify needs of advertisers and prepare custom sales presentations
- Develop and create new programs to maximize revenue from existing clients
- Constantly developing new business revenue streams to include digital/on line as well as using our Dot2 channels (Antenna and ThisTV)
- Maintaining a customer friendly attitude and dedication to customer needs
- Process orders and manage preemptions
- Pre-sell and post-sell accounts with pertinent research information
- Prepare availabilities and presentations utilizing research information to include Polk, Media Manager, Dare and Eport (for order input and maintenance)
- Prepare and participate in competitive research reports
- Assist Finance in collecting revenue from past due accounts
- Treat all co-workers with proper manners and respect
- Responsible for delivery agreed upon goals as outlined quarterly for WSFL/Dot2, New Business and digital.
- All other duties as assigned by Sales Manager
- Digital sales knowledge and experience required
- Understand how to interpret digital reports
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising or marketing or equivalent related experience
- Must be familiar with selling TV time, programming and rating books
- Requires strong negotiating and selling skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office and Media software (Wide Orbit, Matrix, etc.)
- Requires a driver’s license and car
- Must be able to travel and entertain clients
- Must have proven sales performance, self-motivated and possess a positive attitude. Requires three to five years experience in digital advertising sales
- Must understand and have experiences with display, search, social media, & mobile advertising.
- Position will have a direct impact on Station revenue and its ability to meet business goals and plans
- Daily contact with traffic concerning schedule changes; with programming concerning schedule changes and with Finance concerning past due accounts
- Weekly contact with advertisers and clients concerning sales and requests
- Assist in supervising sales assistants
Additional Information: For candidates interested in a current opening at WSFL-TV, apply online at http://www.tribunemedia.com/?page_id=15562. Filter the Job Search by location, US-Fort Lauderdale, to locate all current WSFL openings.