Job Description & Requirements:
- Gain and maintain a thorough knowledge of station operations and the equipment used to execute the on air product effectively
- Monitor and maintain on-air continuity
- Take appropriate disaster recovery action when necessary
- Verify that program segments start and end clearly
- Verify all commercials and promos air as scheduled correctly
- Knowledge of automation systems, video servers, and graphic generators.
- Monitor transmitter remote and ensure operation within FCC guidelines.
- Coordinate with other departments to maintain quality on air product at all times.
- Verify and maintain accurate PSIP data.
- Provide accurate listing information to listing services.
- Ensure accurate ingest of program and spot material.
- Monitor Closed Captioning and log incoming complaint calls regarding Closed Captioning on the Closed Caption hotline phone.
- Log transmitter readings and EAS alerts per station and FCC Guidelines. Notify supervisor and/or Engineer on call if any deviations.
- Edit and tag promos as directed by Master Control Supervisor/Production Coordinator.
- Perform production functions as assigned by Master Control Supervisor/Production Coordinator.
- Member of Traffic and Asset team. Perform duties as assigned
- Submit hours worked in accordance to station policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with master control systems required
- Must be proficient with and maintain the most current knowledge of the following skills: Harmonic/Crispin Automation, Telestream Transcoding tools, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Office; Word; Excel, Google Tools; On Air Graphics Systems, Transmitter Remote operation.
- Must be extremely schedule flexible
- Must be detail orientated
- Must have excellent communication skills
Additional notes: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.