We are looking for a skilled Managing Editor to oversee our company’s daily news content operations. You will be reporting to the VP of Content and supervise writers, editors and other staff. We are seeking a strong leader who is aggressive, competitive and creative. A managing editor combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication for digital and television. We expect excellent organizational and leaderships skills as well as a unique problem-solving ability.
Altamonte Springs – 32714
- Plan and manage all daily operations
- Hire, coach and supervise personnel
- Collaborate with the Digital Content Director to determine issues’ content and topics (planning and storytelling)
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, MMJ’s etc.)
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Make decisions on breaking stories to place the stations in a position to be the go to authority for breaking news
- Help cultivate unique story ideas and tips with an astute journalistic sense
- Work closely with reporters to develop and refine their professional skills and coach performance of direct reports as needed
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Attend events on behalf of the company when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Planning and managing all daily operations
- Hiring, coaching and supervising personnel
- Collaborating with Digital Content Director to determine issues’ content and topics
Required Education and Experience
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role in a medium to large market
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in Spanish and English
- Working knowledge of online platforms like WordPress and SEO concepts
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full Time position. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
Reports directly to News Director
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.
No phone calls or walk-ins
Apply Online URL: