The primary job of the Marketing Coordinator is to coordinate and execution all WNUE, WVEN-TV and WOTF-TV promotional operations. This job description is intended for positions where the responsibilities are routine in nature. This position is responsible for the execution of instant wins, special events, and client remotes and interactive interfaces.
Flexible schedule, occasional work nights and weekends.
- Daily communication with promotions manager, entire promotions team and all other departments.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls and routine questions and requests.
- Maintain weekly promotional calendar and Staff calendar.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with promotions street team and other department meetings as required.
- Create basic events sheets for remotes and events.
- Maintain accurate list of the Hot Zip.
- Executes phone calls for logistical planning of events.
- Pulls maps for locations.
- Distribute contest rules, winner affidavits and prizing on the streets.
- Entertain a crowd in public with games, music and trivia.
- Be creative with games and contests.
- Provide Account Executives with recap from every remote and event within 48 hours of event.
- Maintain vehicles stocked at all times with prize premiums and supplies.
- Inspect and keep maintenance of station vehicles, paperwork (registration & insurance).
- Maintain promotional equipment (canopies, PA’s, tool boxes, prize boxes, etc.).
- Brand on-air personalities and increase their presence on the streets through community events, non-profit organizations and cross promotions with television.
- Brand and market the stations and associated web properties.
- Take inventory of prizes and supplies when needed.
- Professional demeanor required at all times.
- Abide by organizational norms and support organizational goals.
- Remain calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
- Be persistent and finish projects within deadlines.
- Follow instructions and take the necessary steps to prevent mistakes.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Internet, Photo Shop and Outlook.
- Ability to comprehend and write reports/recap summaries of remotes and van hits.
- Requires a Valid Florida Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
- Good verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills is required.
- College graduate preferred.
- 1+ years in radio promotions; experience with similar job responsibilities and requirements desired but not mandatory.
- Experience in dealing with large crowds.
- Experience in entertaining people.