ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
The Maintenance Engineer works under the direction of the Director of Engineering to provide preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including satellite and ENG Microwave equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including satellite and ENG Microwave equipment.
- Install and maintain video, audio, RF and computer equipment. These systems include analog and digital transmitter system, ENG microwave systems, Doppler Radar systems and of all broadcast equipment including, but are not limited to studio camera and switching systems, video monitors and technical measurement devices, videotape machines and systems, disc based video file servers and automation systems, electronic graphic systems.
- Maintain and operate all studio electronic equipment.
- Install new and used IT & broadcast equipment.
- Maintain and repair news bureau equipment, ENG equipment, ENG vans and SNG truck, satellite dishes and related equipment.
Education & Experience
- Must have two years of college or technical school; majoring in electronics or a related field.
- Must have 5 years of broadcast TV maintenance preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of computer networking and broadcast automation systems.
- 3-5 years of studio and transmitter maintenance experience preferred.
- Digital facilities experience is required.
- Must have valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- FCC General Radiotelephone License or Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
- FCC General Class license or SBE Certification desired.
Skills & Abilities
- RF (Radio Frequency) and transmitter experience a plus. CAD experience a plus.
- Must be a senior technician or paraprofessional highly experienced with a similar level of responsibility.
- Ability to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Must have knowledge of FCC rules. The use of test equipment and soldering skills required.
- Ability to guide and coach colleagues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with departmental and station personnel as required.
- Ability to work independently under timeline to achieve departmental and station goals.
- Must be able to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to work with microwave, transmitters and satellites.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with others.
Work Environment/Additional Requirements
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including able to work multiple days, holidays, evenings, weekends, and possible overtime hours as needed. Availability to travel over multiple days is essential.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External