Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WWSB is the ABC station serving Sarasota & Manatee Counties on the Suncoast of Southwest Florida.
The Executive Producer is the brand manager of the broadcasts, making sure the stories we are telling fall in line with the strategic plans of the station. This person will also work with other managers on the team to expand the brand to all digital platforms and provide content in real time in every way technologically possible. Special projects, election and sweeps planning, hiring, and assisting News Director with training sessions is also part of this opportunity.
– Oversee staff of news producers
– Recruit (long and short term planning) producers and MMJs
– Create systems to keep content distribution in accordance with the strategic newsroom plan
– Review news scripts for accuracy, legal issues and proper grammar/spelling
– Work with producers and MMJs to enhance storytelling techniques
– Fill-in producing as needed
– Work with other managers to evolve our SOPs, strategic plan, and newsroom goals, while also holding staff accountable to these items
– Attend station-sponsored events
– Must have 3 years experience line producing
– Previous management experience a plus
– Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, VizRT, and Overdrive are a plus
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.