|Job Title:||Director of Engineering|
|Location:||Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
WSFL-TV (The CW South Florida) is Miami-Fort Lauderdale’s CW affiliate, programming a strong schedule of entertainment and public affairs programming. The CW South Florida signal reaches South Florida television households representing more than 4 million people. The station reaches 1,697,840 cable households in Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties, plus extends into nearly half of West Palm Beach cable households.
Since 1982, Channel 39 has been serving South Florida a super array of entertainment from Daytime Talk top of network comedy and six-nights of CW network prime, original ground-breaking, world-class prime programs. In addition, Scripps is assembling a new team to build-out a news operation and a newsroom that informs and empowers the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale community.
As the Director of Engineering, you will oversee the design, specifications, documentation, oversight, and installation of all systems and equipment for WSFL. You will develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the existing facility and work toward making it safer, cohesive and responsive to departments within the station environment.
Click here or copy and paste in your browser to watch a short video on what it’s like to work in Scripps Engineering & Technology: https://scripps-1.wistia.com/medias/clpccp5hfo
- Effectively manage the planning, design, installation, and repair of all television, mobile and internet systems and equipment.
- Evaluate and maintain the spectrum and broadband usage of the facility.
- Motivate and manage a staff of professional maintenance engineers, operators, and IT technicians.
- Coordinate projects; manage the scheduling of personnel; and plan, design and document on-going and future television and online systems.
- Work with related departments; in the determination of current and future studio and transmission needs; in the preparation and tracking of capital, expense, repair and maintenance budgets; in the evaluation of equipment prior to purchase.
- Communicate professionally with individuals and groups within and outside of the station. Communicate on a frequent basis with all other departments.
- Maintain good personnel labor relations. Identify training needs, motivate and develop staff to meet the on-going and future technological needs of the station.
- Keep the station compliant with the FCC Rules and Regulations, as well as related local, state and federal regulations. Work with Corporate personnel in particular areas of common interest.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by the General Manager and Sr Dir, Engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Associates degree in electrical/electronicengineering preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Must have an understanding of electronic, electrical, mechanical and information systems.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company(NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation’s fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile and apply online, please visit www.scripps.com