ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
Say goodbye to snow and say hello to sunny Tampa Bay! WFTS-TV, the E.W. Scripps owned ABC affiliate in market 11 is looking for an experienced Digital Sales Manager to join our team.
The Digital Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for driving online advertising revenue for the local media property. He or she will lead a team of Digital Account Executives (DAEs), Digital Sales Support Associates (DSSAs), Digital Sales Strategist (DSS), and work directly with Integrated Account Executives (IAEs) to ensure that new business development, account retention and new product launch goals are achieved. He or she is accountable for the full scope of management of sales people, including establishing and measuring sales goals, providing performance feedback, and coaching to ensure team members achieve key performance indicators.
The DSM will support the digital sales plan of the local media property and develop strong partnerships with Integrated sales leadership; provide input to the digital and local leadership regarding market conditions, competition, and effectiveness of the digital sales plan; develop, recommend and execute actions to gain market share.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Act as the local digital product, process, and sales strategy expert in assigned region.
- Directly supervise and lead a team of DAEs and DSSAs. Responsibilities include:
- Provide employees with timely, candid and constructive performance feedback
- Mentor, coach, and develop employees to their fullest potential, and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth
- Develop the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning
- Recognize and reward employees for their accomplishments
- Participate in the selection process for new talent as needed, consistent with company hiring requirements
- Oversee the orientation and training of new employees
- Recommend salary increases, promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions and dismissals in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- Develop a work environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale
- Work directly with IAEs. Responsibilities include:
- Mentor, coach, and develop online advertising sales skills
- Recognize and reward employees for their accomplishments
- Train new hires on digital offerings
- Create digital revenue goals and sales plans
- Directly accountable for the successful execution of each campaign, ensuring defined goals are achieved.
- Effectively develop and execute local digital sales strategy and revenue plan within plan requirements and in alignment with the overall digital strategy and that of our local media property; develop effective relationships with local leadership.
- Interpret and utilize market and advertiser research to develop sales solutions, marketing materials, and presentations.
- Full P&L responsibility for digital revenue, including establishing and achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals for both integrated and digital account executives.
- Responsible for making business decisions around the profitability of his/her sales organizations as well as specific sales proposals and offerings.
- Work with the training department to ensure that each account executive is knowledgeable (or certified as appropriate) and equipped to sell the full array of products and services.
- Guide the integrated and dedicated sales team, and provide consistent sales training on specific areas of development for all representatives; develop team members consistent with the sales training, product knowledge, value proposition, competitive market intelligence, sales approach and goals of the organization.
- Establish and monitor key pacing metrics, and conduct frequent pipeline review to effectively forecast results.
Education & Experience
- Four year business degree preferred.
- A minimum of two to five years of sales management experience is required, preferably in an online advertising environment.
- Leadership experience, with a proven track record of building and managing a team of Digital Media Professionals (account executives).
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance.
- Superior digital product knowledge, local market analytic and personal selling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to share vision, gain buy-in, and build loyalty.
- Performance oriented leader with sound ability to manage team to daily outcomes, and achieve goals through his/her team.
- Ability to manage escalated difficult or emotional customer situations.
- In depth knowledge to pull reports needed to ensure proper pacing of their team and the canvass.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Exceptional coaching skills.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External