JOB POSTING Digital Content Producer
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate in Mobile/Pensacola, is seeking a Digital Content Producer This position is responsible for hour by hour execution of the digital content plan and general Assignment Editor duties. This includes showcasing news, weather and sports content on all platforms.
Ownership of the “rundown” of stories on the site and the elements in those stories is a major part of the producer role.
This position will also work with journalists throughout the organization to develop content which includes unique video clips, photo galleries, data graphs, text stories, regional content, national content of interest and other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, edit and publish content on digital platforms, including website, mobile app and social media
- Perform tasks with urgency, immediacy and accuracy
- Cast a wide net for content on both broadcast and digital, including searches of social media sites, public records and documents, and other sources
- Work irregular/odd hours and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Think strategically about growing our digital audiences and ways we can improve content choices
- Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services to new and emerging technologies
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management including general Assignment Editor duties.
Development Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Degree in journalism, multi-media arts, communications, television production or another related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of how content management systems work preferred (HTML, CSS, XML and PHP/SQL)
- Ability to write thorough stories with compelling headlines
- Experienced with web-publishing tools
- Clear editorial judgment
- Strong writing, communication, and people skills
Apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers