ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
The Digital Content Creator is a specialized content creator who utilizes digital storytelling methods to deliver comprehensive and original media to a variety of digital platforms.
- Under general direction, produces original Taste and See Tampa Bay enterprise content with a focus on sales driven opportunities and a niche focus on food and events.
- Shoot video, take photographs, edit visual stories for .com, app and streaming platforms
- Publish and manage content on multiple digital platforms, including website, app, social and streaming platforms.
- Line produce content for Taste and See TV, Streaming Originals, Facebook Live, FB Watch, and other platforms.
- Appear in videos, segments and shows, as needed.
- Coordinate paid content with sales teams, assist in management of sponsored content calendar, revenue generation.
- Develops sources and connections for event coverage and story gathering.
- Identifies feature and enterprise stories of interest relevant to the lives of Taste and See Consumers with a focus on sponsored content.
- Actively participates with digital leadership to align work and organizational resources with strategic goals.
- Involved in short and long-term content planning.
- Meets established deadlines.
Education & Experience
- At least 2-5 years experience in designated field.
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Journalism or equivalent professional digital media experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Must have outstanding video and still photo shooting skills
- Must have outstanding video editing skills
- Must have creative writing skills
- Must have a strong desire to focus on new and unique digital content.
- Must be able to appear in videos, produced segments, features or shows.
- Must have basic HTML formatting skills and knowledge of content management systems
- Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure and need to multi-task.
- Must have working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms.
- Must be a self-starter and multi-tasker, capable of demonstrating outstanding content creation with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates skill in time management and setting priorities.
- Openness and capacity to seek new opportunities and adopt new ways of doing things.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Sitting, walking and standing.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings, possible overtime hours and on call.
- Must be available for overnight and weekend travel
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: