WMBB-TV, located in Panama City, FL is seeking a Creative Services Producer. The Creative Services Producer operates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for commercial and promotional spots and operates editing equipment to produce images or scenes for commercial and promotional spots
Minimum two year’s experience operating video recording equipment. (more or less depending on market size.)
Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Proficiency with video recording equipment.
Proficiency with video editing equipment.
Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud.
High school diploma.
Fluency in English.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Creative Services Producer must be able to stand, sit, operate a motor vehicle, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
In addition, the Creative Services Producer must be able to lift, setup and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls for extended period of time. Repetitive movements are required, work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting condition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Shoots video for commercial and promotional efforts.
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, filming sequences, desired effects, and shot requirements.
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
• Maintains video equipment.
• Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for commercial and promotional efforts.
• Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary.
• Trims filmed segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect.
• Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots.
• Sets up and operates computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product.
• Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a local and smoothly running story.
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignment, work product and desired effects.
• Maintains editing equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.