JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
JOB OPENING DATE: September 14, 2018
JOB NUMBER: #18-17
In an effort to better serve our customers in the rapidly changing media and advertising environment, Univision Miami Local Media Sales has embarked on an aggressive and exciting mission to super serve our local advertisers. Our mission is to be an integral resource to marketers helping zero share advertisers and brands build their business helping them connect with Hispanic consumers. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for defining long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current Miami market conditions.
This position will act as a “Business Development Manager” for Univision Communications (UCI) Local Media Miami, fully leveraging and transforming available resources to educate clients about the Hispanic market and helping them come to market and target the Hispanic consumer in Miami. The role is to identify and cultivate qualified new business clients, work with the sales team, marketing staff, research and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Local Media-Miami.
- UCI Local Media Miami Television, Radio, Digital, and marketing platforms.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization, research and build
- Plan approaches and pitches; work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs,
concerns, and objectives as it relates to the Hispanic market.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends category research
and Hispanic consumer potential as it may relate.
- Work with Research team to create, train and implement consistent ROI and ‘size of the prize’
opportunity assessment for new clients.
- Help in creation of compelling business case to use across categories/clients that are not currently
- In-depth knowledge of client’s business and competitive categories.
- Sale and implementation of creative and promotional concepts that will activate client in Hispanic
Required Skills & Experience
- BA in Business Administration or related field Preferred.
- 2-5 years of sales experience in the Marketing/Media industry. Preferred 2 or more years’ experience in a management role.
- Must bring unique strengths in the areas of strategic thinking, analytical capability coupled with business strategy.
- Sales experience and relationships working directly with high level decision makers such as CMO’s, SVP’s and VP’s of Marketing, Brand Managers.
- Sales experience working with advertising and/or digital agencies/media buying services and process involved in bringing clients to market across multiple media.
- Must bring exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in Partnership Sales (Sports & Events) is a plus.
- Experience/comfort with consumer research.
- Comfortable in working horizontally across different categories, clients, internal teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong thinker who can transform copious data into knowledge.
- Interest and passion in training others and building knowledge across the organization.
- Well organized, disciplined and detail oriented.
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
SEND RESUME TO:
UNIVISION (WLTV-23, WAMI-69, WAMR-107.5FM, WRTO-98.3FM, WQBA-1140AM,
WAQI-710 AM) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER