Department: Cumulus Media-Pensacola/Ft Walton Beach
Job Description & Requirements:
Cumulus Media has an immediate full-time opening in Pensacola/Ft Walton Beach, FL for a Broadcast IT Engineer. The Broadcast IT Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting and maintaining mission critical information technology and some audio equipment in a broadcast environment. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and have the ability to learn new duties and skills quickly.
Key responsibilities will include setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting IT equipment; supporting the IT and telephone infrastructure; responding to IT-related problems and questions from employees; and other technical duties. The ability to respond overnights and on weekends to emergencies is a requirement of this position
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface and
communicate with coworkers on a daily basis.
• Experience with Windows 7 and Mac OS X operating systems,
Microsoft Office, and common computer applications, including
internet browsers and document readers.
• Ability to both learn and support mission-critical, industry-specific
• Experience with both Android and iOS smart phones and tablets.
• Ability to maintain and repair computer and server equipment,
including setting up computers and peripherals, and replacing
internal components such as memory and hard drives.
• Ability to build and test Ethernet cables.
• Ability to lift at least fifty pounds and work occasionally in confined
• Must be able to respond to emergencies on-site 24/7.
Additional Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Familiarity with IP-based, TDM-based, and analog telephone
systems, including POTS and ISDN.
• Experience using and troubleshooting professional audio systems,
including analog and digital audio equipment and digital audio
workstation (DAW) software a plus
• Ability to solder and build/repair audio cables and connectors.
• Experience with network equipment, including firewalls, routers,
and managed network switches.
• Working understanding of Ethernet and TCP/IP (hardware, software,
protocols, and theory).
• Familiarity with basic concepts of computer and network security.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Windows security
policies, and logon scripts.
• Experience with satellite receiver systems, microwave transmitters
and receivers, and broadcast transmitters highly desired.
• SBE and/or Cisco certifications or equivalent experience desired.
Please submit resumes to GulfCoastEngineerJob@cumulus.com with “Broadcast IT Engineer GC” in the subject line, or mail resumes to: Cumulus Media, Inc. ATTN: Regional Engineer – 9801 Westheimer Suite 700 ~ Houston, TX 77042
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)