ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
The Maintenance Engineer works under the direction of the Director of Engineering to maintain and operate all studio electronic equipment and install new and used equipment. The Engineer performs preventative maintenance and emergency repairs on all aspects of television equipment.
- Maintain and operate all studio electronic equipment.
- Install new and used equipment.
- Maintain and repair ENG equipment, ENG vans, and SNG truck.
- Maintain and repair news bureau equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and emergency repairs on all aspects of television equipment.
- Maintain the RF side of Satellite Trucks and Microwave units.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and upgrades on television transmitters, satellite trucks, microwave units, RF units and test equipment.
- Install video, audio, RF and computer equipment.
- Maintain and repair satellite dishes and related equipment.
- Occasionally operate video control/assist in videotape during newscasts.
- Document and record equipment repairs and maintenance schedules.
- Research part numbers and pricing.
- Assist in the design of any improvements to our operation.
- Perform other duties directed.
Skills & Abilities
- Have a working knowledge of video servers, news room computer systems and non-linear editors, broadcast cameras, switchers, routers and miscellaneous studio and broadcast equipment. Have strong mechanical skills.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of FCC rules.
- Must be able to often serve in a lead role where general guidance and training of less experienced support personnel is needed.
- Must be able to take the lead in effectively applying new technology and skills in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals.
- Must have skills in the use of test equipment and soldering.
- Must have ability to prioritize tasks and work within deadlines.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to climb, bend, crawl under items at times.
- Must be able to sit at desk for long period of time.
- Must be able to work on tall towers and roofs of buildings.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including able to work multiple days, holidays, evenings, weekends, and possible overtime hours as needed. Availability to travel over multiple days is essential.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External