We currently have an exciting opportunity at our WFTS-TV station in sunny Tampa, FL for a Broadcast Designer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Design storyboards which present design concepts utilizing advanced graphics and animation tools and techniques, video and film shoots, stock imagery and photography and special effects.
- Support clients though design and animation utilizing 2D/3D applications, dedicated broadcast production equipment and special effects.
- Organizes and pitches presentations of creative concepts and production techniques to creative manager as well as clients.
- Collaborate with other designers, producers and creative managers in the design and integration phase.
- Ability to meet project goals in the assigned timeframe by openly and clearly communication to direct manager and clients.
- Lead communication with clients
- Take creative set design from concept to final output.
- Visualize creative ideas and verbalize ideas to client
- Ability to multi task projects during quick turnarounds.
- Creates project materials within an assigned basic design and look
- Create interesting and engaging 3D virtual sets utilizing Virtual Set Editor and Cinema 4D.
- Work with Clients throughout the production process making sure they are satisfied with the project
- Research and provide recommendations on technical software and hardware tools for the department
Education & Experience
- Experience with 2D and 3D animation.
- Previous graphics graphic and art production work with background in TV desired.
Experience in live news broadcasts and quick delivery of deadline driven graphics.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with one or more of the following software programs preferred: Cinema 4D, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects, Newtek Virtual Set Editor 2.5
- Understanding or knowledge of Tricaster technology.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods via visual media.
- Knowledge of design art and techniques.
- Expert understanding of network broadcast standards.
- Must have strong design skills and able to generate a project from concept to completion or work in concert with others.
- Ability to apply artist skills including color theory, shape balance, and lighting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to successfully work in a team environment.
Detail-orientated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, evenings and weekends if necessary.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “THE LIST” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External