JOB TITLE: Audio 1 Operator (PT)
JOB OPENING DATE: January 2, 2019
JOB NUMBER: #19-11
Univision Miami WLTV 23 is looking for a talented part-time Audio Operator (A1) in the Technical Production Services Department who is responsible for proficiency in mixing high quality audio for live or live to tape television programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operational knowledge of Digital and Analog audio consoles and peripheral equipment including patch bays and routers.
- Setting up, checking and ensuring that all microphones, audio and media playback are adjusted for proper VU levels and equalization.
- IFB mix minus and Telos Systems for Live Shots and Telephone call-ins and live translation.
- Coordination of all RF/Wireless equipment (i.e. microphones, IFB and PL) as well as studio foldback with Audio Assistant (A2).
- Provide immediate solutions in the event of equipment or other audio problems.
Required Skills & Experience
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of audio experience in a live television environment and sports programming or live audio applications.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
- Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree: Communications, Television Production or related preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology.
- Studio and Remote production experience.
- Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts.
- Interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems.
SEND RESUME TO:
UNIVISION (WLTV-23, WAMI-69, WAMR-107.5FM, WRTO-98.3FM, WQBA-1140AM,