Responsible for daily production and editing of quality news stories.
- Writes and supports line producers for 30-minute long newscast.
- Learns to fill-in produce, works on the assignment desk, field produce, run teleprompter, shoot and edit video.
- Helps devise and execute daily tease strategy for attracting and building an audience.
- Plans future segments, topics, guests, and story ideas.
- Performs additional duties as necessary.
- Consistent and Solid Writing Ability.
- Ability to Work well under Pressure.
- Solid News Judgment.
- Ability to Act Decisively.
- Strong Team Player.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
Reports directly to the News Director
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
- Be prepared to work any shift on our 24/7 newsroom.
- Must work closely with anchors, producers, photographers, writers, reporters, and news management.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.
Apply Online at entravision.com
No Phone calls or walk-ins