Job Title: Associate Producer
Job Opening Date: December 19, 2018
Job Number: #19-13
Univision WLTV 23 is seeking a full time Associate Producer to assist Producer in preparing newscast, working closely and effectively with the producer, assignment desk editors and reporters. Responsible for ensuring video, supers and graphic quality control, while having the capability to replace producer during absences. Understand and create content for multi-media platforms as needed.
- Writing voice overs and anchor intros
- Writing, correcting and supervising supers.
- Edit scripts in Spanish.
- Able to create graphics and supervise art department’s graphic designs.
- Assist Director and Producer with trouble shooting in the control room.
- Determine potential guests and book them for recordings
- Support the Assignment Desk operation as needed
- Operate teleprompter as needed.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of local current affairs and movers and shakers in South Florida.
- Must understand use of video and NAT sound for packages.
- Ability to time VOs, SOTs and packages.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of how to build and operate within the News Rundown using the INews system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of basic newsroom operation systems (INews, VizRT).
- A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field from accredited University preferred.
- 2 or more years working in a TV news environment preferred.
- Excellent and grammatically accurate Spanish language skills – both written and oral – required. Bilingual – fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION (WLTV-23, WAMI-69, WAMR-107.5FM, WRTO-98.3FM, WQBA-1140AM,
WAQI-710 AM) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER