WESH-TV has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our associate producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our website and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, writing and tape editing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
· Previous on-air experience required.
· Military on-air experience will be considered
· Familiarity with social media.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Ability to work on deadlines.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
Winter Park – 32789
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE