Job Title: Assistant Producer Reports of To: Creative Content Supervisor
Department: Promotions & Production FLSA Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
● Works with Content and Production teams to produce and edit in-house programs for air. Coordinates, crews, and helps manage the details of internal and external productions with Director of Content & Relationships. Seeks proper approvals for shows and content in a timely manner to ensure delivery of material to MCR and distribution contacts prior to stated deadlines. Member of the Promotions & Production Team. KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Manages In House Content/Syndication Content and processes as directed by Director Of Content and Relationships and Creative Content Supervisor.
● Create, develop and manage all production timelines. This includes but not limited to: station’s internal and external production calendar; coordinating with the Promotions & Production Team, Broadcast Operations Manager, and crewing all projects.
● Provide production insight and timelines for prospective projects.
● Organize and execute weekly pre production meetings as needed.
● Coordinate and file receipt of guest release forms.
● Route all creative material for approval/notes in a timely manner, in the proper order, to all appropriate parties.
● Communicate information and relay creative notes clearly and quickly to producers, freelancers and outside agencies.
● Act as line producer for in station production shoots.
● MCR shifts as assigned.
● Perform other duties as they are assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Experience with editing, production process
● General knowledge of current editing and graphics software
● Must have an extremely flexible schedule
● Must be detail oriented
● Min have 3 years of experience in on air production management
● Strong organizational and communication skills
● Ability to work well in a team situation and with partners/sponsors, working under pressure, and juggling multiple stages of production simultaneously.
● Extensive shoot experience helpful.
● Fast paced environment
● Majority of work time will be spent interacting with people