Job Posting Title: Assistant Director
Department: News Production
Reports To: Show Director/Editor
Univision is seeking a talented Assistant Director to support the Director, along with coordinating all news and production activities. The successful candidate will provide a key link between the Director, Producers and Production team. This individual must be a strategic and creative thinker, a self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas.
• Code in Ross Overdrive automation.
• Back time video clips and packages.
• Use iNEWS (Newsroom Computer System) to edit the rundown.
• Oversee and facilitate production elements, including graphics, music, and all other related presentation elements at the director’s request.
• Call for manual triggering of graphic elements.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director.
Required Skills & Experience
• 2-3 years of experience with live studio broadcast.
• Knowledge of Robotic Camera Systems.
• Knowledge of equipment utilized in production, TV studio and control room.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Comfort using highly technical and automated systems.
• Work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends, hurricanes and off-peak shifts as needed.
• Perform well in a fast-paced environment and breaking news situations.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Ross Overdrive automation.
• Ross CamBot Robotic Camera system with user interface and joystick panel.
• iNEWS Newsroom Computer System (NRCS).
• VizRT Trio.
• Playback Devices (Avid Airspeed, Ross Video SMS/Blackstorm, Miranda HMP 1801).
• Calrec Audio Console.
• Enco Audio Playback device.
• Miranda Router.
• Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER