WPBF 25, Hearst Television’s ABC affiliate in beautiful West Palm Beach, FL is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Assistant Creative Services Director. The qualified candidate is both creative and strategic—able to execute messaging that breaks through the clutter while moving the station’s brand forward. We’re looking for someone with the production experience to help lead a team of writer/producer/editors. The Assistant Creative Services Director will be responsible for on-air, social, digital and community promotion. Candidate will work closely with CSD in developing brand and marketing strategies for the station, newscast, digital platforms and multi-cast channels. This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television, one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies in a competitive market where every impression on every platform matters. If you aspire to grow as a marketing executive by gaining experience in a competitive environment, apply now.
- Collaborate with the Creative Services Director to identify daily opportunities for reaching the target audience using multiple platforms and implementing strategic promotions.
- Responsible for the execution of station promotion for on-air, off-air, social and digital.
- Supervise creative team in brand, image, proof-of-performance and daily topical promotion.
- Work with WPBF 25’s digital team to create social media marketing content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and emerging social platforms.
- Execute on-point promotion on all local digital platforms.
- Create promotional elements and implement outside media efforts.
- Produce successful programming promotion.
- Interact and work with ABC affiliate marketing and syndication affiliate marketing on projects, co-op and other special events.
- Manage sales-related contests, rules, and special giveaways as needed.
- Coordinate and attend outside community promotional events.
- Manage inventory for daily on-air logs.
- Must have a positive attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality promotion.
- Must have strong creative writing techniques and ability to craft compelling messages based on station research.
- Must have proven track record of developing large scale image campaigns, including writing, directing, field production, lighting, and editing techniques.
- Must have hands-on ability to shoot and edit with high-level equipment and advanced non-linear editing systems (Adobe Premiere experience preferred), Photoshop, and After Effects.
- Must have acute attention to detail and strong motion graphic skills.
- Must be highly organized, technically savvy, and strategically focused.
- Must have very developed and proven communications skills.
- Must have unfailing ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have passion and vision for promotion with viewer benefit.
- Must be collaborative and understand the crucial relationship with GM, Creative Services Director, News Director and News Department.
- Must have valid driver’s license (hire is contingent upon good driving record)
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field, or proven equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/news/brand management.
- Executing brand message across all media platforms.
Please visit careers.hearsttelevision.com to apply