Be the key to success for Tampa’s most aggressive and exciting morning news team. WFTS in Tampa, FL is seeking a full-time Morning Assignment Editor. This position is responsible for sourcing great overnight content and managing logistics for our live crews. They will also identify and coordinate coverage of news breaking on the scanners, wires and social media.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Plan news coverage as directed by news management
- Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgement
- Make calls to news sources as needed, gaining appropriate and actionable information
- Assist in finding stories, doing research and tracking story ideas in assignment desk computer with emphasis on key brand points
- Publishing of online content and contributing to our social media platforms
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by news management
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism
- Online newsgathering and news dissemination via Twitter, facebook and other online formats in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Previous newsroom experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of file sharing services and editing experience a plus but not required.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External