ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
The Account Manager is responsible for supporting the retention and growth of advertising accounts from post-sale to renewal. This role will be a key contributor to the sales team by supporting sales efforts and providing a high level of client service support.
- Work as an active and involved member with assigned Account Executives to support the retention and growth of advertising accounts and prospects.
- Create makegood offers for preemptions by maximizing inventory opportunities and receive approval directly from advertisers in a timely manner.
- Participate in client facing calls (in person/phone/email) to ensure buy maintenance throughout the entire post sale process.
- Handle weekly posting for all advertisers who require it and update the AE’s, clients, and the appropriate reports.
- Add underdelivery weight to existing orders as directed by Account Executives to ensure posting.
- Input new orders and revisions.
- Assist in collecting and composing ad copy and instructions.
- With support from AE’s and managers identify and correct any billing errors or issues prior to end of month.
- Assist in researching problems that develop with accounts and troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the property and the customer needs.
- Attend sales training and planning meetings.
- Pull research for use within sales decks.
- Create sales decks for AE’s.
- Join AE’s on sales presentations when appropriate.
- Provide exemplary customer assistance and overall sales support to assigned Account Executives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred;
- 2-4 years’ experience in sales support, client service or a related field.
Skills & Abilities
- trong communication skills and very detail oriented.
- The ability to work cooperatively and effectively with managers, colleagues and customers.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales Nielsen demographics information.
- Proficient use of Wide Orbit Traffic, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook )
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: