iHeart Media is offering a paid summer internship that exposes one to a broad range of media/radio disciplines.
- Rotates through various radio functions or focuses on one specific area, e.g., sales, programming, events,etc.
- Conducts research & analysis.
- Assists in general office tasks. Prepares & delivers reports as required.
- Learns job processes/requirements in assigned functions.
- Serves as an apprentice in assigned function.
- May work with other interns on projects.
- Assists in developing and broadening interest in iHeartMedia.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; active listening; effectively conveying information; ability to proofread & edit
- Planning & organizing: focusing on urgent and important tasks; avoiding procrastination; showing attention to detail; meeting deadlines
- Innovation & Creativity
- Leadership in peer relationships
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Flexibility & creativity; can adapt to shifts in priorities and urgencies
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms, e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest• Interpersonal skills: collaboration with others, Professionalism
- Work experience in media field a plus
- Career interest in media industry
- full-time undergraduate (rising Junior or Senior) at a four-year college
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Media field of study a plus
qualified applicants can apply by visiting the Careers section of www.iheartmedia.com. Must show a college/university transcript & have a letter from the school stating you receive credit for the internship.